Maggie and I have gone to two different brick companies this week in town.
I guess we will find out for sure, but I'm going to say that the choice of brick and rock are the most "up in the air". I don't have a definite answer to what kind of brick I like. And, this might be the BIGGEST and most important decision.
Below, is the brick I like, but at times it scares me. I don't know if it's because the picture I found on Houzz reminds me of the layout of our back porch, with the windows along the back, but I love it!

I just really like the way it looks. The builder says this is an "reclaimed old chicago", and when I told that to VR he said, "I really hope you don't want reclaimed old chicago!!" :) I said, "I don't care what it is I just want it to look like this", and he laughed and said "good, we can do that!!" Whatever all that meant I don't know!!
Well, the 2 places I went to don't really have anything that looks remotely like this. Also, the picture shows that they kind of smeared the mortar over the top of the bricks and didn't clean it off real good. That part kind of scares me, but then again, I like it.
So, right now, we may be looking at going to Midland to see some houses with a particular brick on it, and maybe to Lubbock or Dallas. I have to call next week. Crazy to think you will drive that far just to see brick on someone's house!!
And the rock, is a whole different story, but I think we will probably end of going with some sort of white rock. Jason likes that better than the yellow rock. The picture above has white rock used with the bricks as well!!
No comments:
Post a Comment