As the builder said, the 2 most important parts of the house are getting the kitchen and living room area designed how you want, and then work the rest of the house in.
I pinned and saved picture after picture of different kitchens. One of the first ones I liked was this one:

Courtesy of eplans.com
Jason doesn't like the open floor plan, but I kind of do. So, a short wall I thought would work well.
Then, I stared at this kitchen for a long time. I dont really like the layout, but there is more in this picture of the things I like: beams, travertine floor, dark cabinets, and granite countertops. Which Jason quickly informed that this kitchen was HUGE, and to quit looking at it. :)

Courtesy of houzz.com
Finally, I was looking on the Thermador website at appliances, and I came across this picture, and my heart skipped a beat, like it did back in the day when Jason would pick me up to go out. Anyways, it could have been the layout that drew me in, or the floors, beams, and cabinets, or maybe the beautiful chandelier that drew me in.

Courtesy of Thermador
This was the picture that I showed to VR that he gave to the architect to finish our house plans with plus a few changes to it. There will be no door opening on the right side of the photo to go to the Living Room. The stove top and the countertop space across from each other will be switched. There will be a raised island with stools on one side and the sink, dishwasher on the other side in the middle of the kitchen like this, and there will still be a walkway out the back of the kitchen to the pantry to the left and the formal dining room towards the right.
I really like this blue pantry, and Jason even said I could paint the pantry any color. What do you think??? Would you paint a bold color like this in a closed off room that won't be seen a lot?? Or you could just paint the walls a bold color?? What do you think?
Courtesy of houzz.com
I love these Fiesta dishes Pier1, and I'm thinking a blue pantry would go great with them!!

I want to be brave and do a blue pantry, but I think when it comes time I'm going to chicken out. Oh well.

sooo pretty! Don't chicken out!!
ReplyDeleteOh how fun!! I might steal that pantry idea when we build :)
ReplyDeleteI would live in a cardboard box if that pantry was attatched! And I love the blue.
ReplyDeleteJust do it you can always paint it later if you get tired of it go BOLD
ReplyDelete