Monday, February 11, 2013

Exterior Ideas

At this point, the architect is finishing up the "elevation" part of our house plans.  The plans part is done, just waiting on elevation, and then we will meet with VR to start getting an estimate something he said could take 2 weeks to get.  So, breaking ground in February, don't think so. :(

Elevation consists of a lot of different things, and I'm still not sure exactly what it is.  Everything exterior effecting the house is considered elevation, such as, roof line, gables, porch, columns, how many, etc.  And things inside effected by elevation are ceiling heights, beams, vaulted ceilings, etc.

On the exterior of the house, I still like a traditional brick house, but I do like accenting with rock or stone places. 

Colors of brick I like and Jason does too..... (just looking at brick not the house or stone)


Tom Grisak Estate Homes Realtors Homes for Sale Under $400,000


I would like to accent with white stone like in these pictures or a type of rock, like in this picture below

Crisp Architects - traditional - bedroom - new york - Crisp Architects LOVE LOVE LOVE that fireplace.

or in this picture here. Again, just looking at the type of rock. 

Accenting with the stone or rock:

Columns like this

Pam New Listing Home Page, Pam Matlock, Tom Grisak Estate Homes Realtors

Around edges of house, and around the front door, but I want it kind of patchy, not uniform. Can't find my picture to show, and don't know the right word to use....

Anyway the reason I don't know what to pick. I like both of them about the same. I would like to use the white stone inside as well, at the fireplace and possibly around cabinet ends or something.  There are tons of pictures out there showing the "white stone" being used inside, but I just think my children and having it around the fireplace it will be brown, black, and have crayons colored on it..... Jason, agreed, and doesn't think we should use it inside. 

So, I thought maybe using a rock inside would be good, but don't know if it would look good using it outside with the bricks I like.... 

I kind of like the idea of rock instead of the white stone because so many people are using the white stone right now.....

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment