Saturday, August 10, 2013

Our Biggest Week Yet!

We had a great week; if you consider making progress, great!!

On Tuesday, the electricity guys FINALLY came after 12 weeks of waiting!  They put poles in at the water well, and near our house!

When I saw all the big trucks coming, I was outside by myself, and I started jumping up and down hollering!! Hope nobody saw me! :)


And concrete came and poured the slab for the foundation on Thursday! There is a lot more  steps that goes into the foundation than I ever realized. But, happy to have it done, and I'm sure the concrete crew is happy not to come back for a while!!


The crew actually got to our house at 4AM!! That's crazy! 

Funny story. Jason is a light sleeper, and heard big trucks drive by our house at 4, but he knew if he got up to go and look, he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.  Then at 5:15, Jason's mom called to tell us there was people at the house. So, he got up and checked it out, and didn't go back to sleep. 

They try to get there early because supposedly working in the really hot weather with concrete is difficult.  Those guys worked a really long day, but everything got finished in one day!


The kids enjoyed the nice, smooth, ride!!


This sectioned off concrete part is our front porch where we'll sit and grow old together, and be nosey watching everybody drive by because that's what old people do. 


This sectioned off concrete part is our back porch where will stay young forever, and party like it's 1999!! J/K, but hoping to enjoy many good nights together watching our kids play with our friends kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment